October 14, 2010

14 Weeks

Hubby and I went away to the Grampians (a mountain range in inner Victoria) for a wedding I was shooting last weekend. It was an amazing experience (with views for miles and miles!) but unfortunately the morning sickness I thought I'd avoided reared its ugly head on the morning of the wedding...oh dear.

Thankfully I didn't empty the contents of my stomach, though I had to excuse mysef out of rooms multiple times during the day (including while shooting the bride getting the end of her make-up done). Talk about an experience!

Here I am before the ceremony (photo courtesy of the hubby) -

Photo at 13 weeks & 4 days

I made my pregnancy official to management at work last week, which was a relief (as it turns out many people were guessing anyway, given the fact I'm starting to show and was quite thin pre-pregnancy!). Many of the parents and families I work with at the preschool are very happy for the news too... even if it means I won't be teaching their children next year!

Got a shocking cold at the moment, which is the first I've had since I hit 6 weeks (when I had 3 colds in quick succession... hello compromised immune system!) and am thinking of taking tomorrow off as a sick day - I barely ever take time off. I think I owe it to myself. :)

3 comments:

  1. wow that looks like a beautiful place for a wedding! You look lovely :) Sorry the surprise morning sickness decided to show up about 6 weeks late :P It's a good sign though so at least there's that :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...that's true (I tried to think of the nausea that way too, annoying as it was at the time!). Thankfully it's been fine for the last few days now. :)

    I know, how gorgeous was that scenery?! If I wasn't so busy shooting the couple I'd have loved to have taken more pictures of the views - they were truly spectacular. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad the nausea is staying away :)

    ReplyDelete