January 29, 2011

29 Weeks

This week, Operation Baby Nook really stepped up a notch - hubby and I painted the walls today (a very similar green colour to the background of this blog, actually!), and I discovered that his old t-shirts are really quite comfortable indeed! Pictures to come once the furniture (being delivered on Thursday) is set up. :)

However, in the lead-up to painting, this involved clearing the entire contents of our bookshelves - we have a lot of books, and the stacks are currently living in our loungeroom, pushed up against the kitchen bench. Still, a little short-term mess for a whole lot of gain, that's what we're both trying to think!

Personally, I think the stacks look bigger in real life than in this picture.

Baby has been keeping me a little uncomfortable recently with plenty of Braxton Hicks contractions, backache and calf cramps (ouch!). My whole tummy is very firm lately, as the skin and muscles are stretched to capacity (and somehow, I'm able to stretch some more!).

At our most recent doctor's appointment we discovered that he has turned breech again. Considering he's measuring a little ahead (his legs are in the 75th percentile, for example!) surely he's running out of room to turn head-down in time? It's making me a little anxious, to be  honest, as if he stays breech it may jeopardise my chances for a natural birth. Still, there's anywhere from 10-13 weeks to go, so I'm just trying to remain calm, encouraging him to turn by adopting certain positions when I'm sitting and (attempting to) go with the flow. After all, if there's something I've learnt about about pregnancy during these past seven months, it's to expect the unexpected... it's impossible to control everything!

In other news, it's been fun to enjoy nights out with friends lately (even if my stamina isn't quite what it used to be), some days it seems as though I have an abundance of energy whereas other times it's as though first trimester lethagy is rearing its head again - it's a matter of taking each day at a time. This time of the year is usually a time of celebration and parties and lazy Summer BBQs, it makes me wonder what life will be like this time next year, seeing as though most of my friends are currently childless. I'd like to hope that I'm having a full and rich life, with the added bonus of love for a baby who will be rapidly approaching a year old by that point.

My best friend (left) and I. I've also needed to make the leap into buying some maternity tops this month, as a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothing is too small now.


3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful top...one of my favourite colours :)
    Can't wait to see the completed baby nook!

    You have a great attitude about everything and you're right you can't control everything...the important thing is he's snug as a bug in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike, turquoise/teal is one of my favourite colours too! :)

    Heh, remind me to keep calm closer to my due date then, not quite sure I'll have the same composure then! :P

    Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks...we had a great trip...
    I left you an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete