April 28, 2012

My Pregnancy Scrapbook

... has been a work in progress. But it's slowly coming together, I've been working on it alongside Rowan's baby book of his first year (which is currently over 100 pages and counting... oh dear!).
I chose to have a single layout to represent each week, and a few double layouts for key events (20 week ultrasound, baby shower etc). So really, we're talking at least 40 layouts and each probably takes a couple of hours because I'm fussy about my work. When I started this project at about 20 weeks pregnant, I was kind of new to digital scrapbooking and I've come a long way since then... so I can see myself redoing some of the earlier layouts (weeks 4-5 in particular) with my current style of scrapping.

Here's what I've done in the book so far:

click image to see bigger

And this is an example of a couple of the pages I've completed in larger form. Most of the journalling comes from the pages of this blog, part of the reason I kept so many notes while pregnant. :)

Note: All products used in the layouts below are available from ScrapOrchard except for 'Oh Happy Day', which was previously from ScrapMatters and doesn't seem to have a release anywhere at the moment.

Kit is 'Oh Happy Day', by Erica Zane & Jenn Barrette Designs
Template is by Scrapping with Liz

Kit is 'Scandinavian Summer', by Designs by Kat
Template is by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Kit is 'Captivating 2012: JAN', by Captivated Visions
Template is by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
Hopefully this inspires anyone dropping in from the interwebs to create and preserve their own pregnancy memories too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment